Farm accidents can occur in the most remote locations, making it difficult for first responders to easily locate the situation. We have found that there is a flaw in the system – not all rural property entrances have signage. In the summer of 2014, a young girl’s life was lost when first responders could not find the scene of the accident. We would like to work to decrease the chances of this happening ever again.
- Create a unified system for acquiring 911 signs across all four counties
- Persuade municipalities to offer the signs as a service to the community
- Encourage rural landowners to use the service
- Establish a partnership with local agribusinesses who will support the program
- Develop resources to teach property owners how to contact emergency services efficiently
- Promote the program through digital, print, and social media
To bring ideas, resources and community partners together to improve emergency services in our rural communities.